Jennifer “JT” Thomas has been dancing in various forms since the age of 5. Her studies include ballet, jazz, tap, acrobatics and all forms of partnership/ballroom dance, making her one of the most well-rounded instructors and competitors in the industry.
She earned a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in dance at the University of Arizona in 1996 and has since competed and performed throughout the United States and Great Britain.
Since late 2013, JT has been a dance Director for one of the top studios in the nation, National Dance Clubs.
Professional Competitive Experience:
- (2007) World American Ballroom Champion
- (2007) U.S. National American Ballroom Champion
- (2007) North American Smooth Champion
- (2006) World American Ballroom Finalist
- (2005) U.S. National Rising Star American Ballroom Champion
- (2005) U.S. Representative at Blackpool Invitational Exhibition – 3rd place
- (2005) U.S. Theatrical Runner-up
- (2004) Holiday Dance Classic Showdance Champion
- (2002) Hawaii Star Ball Rising Star Latin Champion
- (2002) Ohio Star Ball Rising Star Latin Finalist
- (1999) Fred Astaire National Rising Star Rhythm Champion Pro-Am Teacher/Competitor
- 18 years dance instruction experience in ballet, jazz and ballroom
- 14 years Pro-Am competition experience in all four styles – (Standard, Latin, Smooth and Rhythm) as well as theatrical 2002.
- 2007-2008 Featured Entertainers for competitions including: Heritage Classic, Mexico Open and Sapphire Ball
- 2007-2008 America’s Ballroom Challenge (PBS) – featured competitor
- 2007 Enchanted (Disney) November release – featured dancer
- 2007 Dancing with the Stars (ABC) Oct 2 – featured performer
- 2005-2006 Featured dancer in ABC promotions for Dancing With the Stars including Good Morning America and Times Square
- 2000-2005 Featured dancer in numerous Wendy Johnson productions 2005 Featured dance instructor/performer in Elimidate’s Elimidance
- 2003 Gracie Allen Awards Show performer
- 1998-2000 Guest dance instructor on local major network news programs