Ilya began dancing at the age of five in Russia. By eleven, he was already 2nd in junior division of the Open Russian National Championship. In the next few years Ilya represented Russia in the multiple international championships achieving top placements in his divisions. At sixteen, he represented Russia in the World 10-Dance Championship in Austria and finished in the top 10.
In 1997, Ilya immigrated to the United States and for the next eight years competed across the country in the Amateur Latin and Standard divisions, placing as a US National 10-Dance finalist four years in a row.
Ilya and Amanda Reyzin began competing professionally in June 2007 and have competed in over 150 competitions. They have received top placements in the American Rhythm, American Smooth, and Showdance Divisions. Their esteemed accomplishments include:
- 2009-2013 United States National American Rhythm Finalists
- 2009-2012 World American Rhythm Finalists
- 2010 & 2012 North American Imperial Star American Rhythm Champions
- 2010-2013 Maryland Dancesport American Rhythm Champions
- 2010-2012 Cleveland DanceSport Challenge
- 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 Eastern United States DanceSport American Rhythm Champions
- 2012 Costa Rican Classic American Rhythm Champions
- 2010 La Classique Du Quebec American Rhythm & American Smooth Champions
- 2009 United States National 9-Dance Champions
- 2009 Ohio Star Ball 9-Dance Champions
- 2009 Eastern United States DanceSport Salsa Champions
- 2008 Caribbean DanceSport Classic World Salsa Champions
- 2007 Ohio Star Ball Rising Star American Rhythm Champions
Ilya and Amanda are sponsored by Dore Designs, Anabell’s DanceWear and Dancelife USA. They are also the organizers of the American Star Ball Championships in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Ilya and Amanda are members of the North American Dancesport Teachers Association and are certified adjudicators.